McBee offers free (district-supported) half-day Pre-K for 3-year-olds for families who qualify, and tuition-based full-day Pre-K for 4-year-olds.
Starting early in school helps children get a head start and greatly improves their chances for success in life. Austin ISD Pre-K programs provide a student-centered environment where children have hands-on, purposeful opportunities for learning.
Pre-Kindergarten is designed to meet the needs of a child’s early years, which is a period of rapid growth and development. AISD Pre-K students receive age-appropriate instruction in all areas of the curriculum, preparing them for success in kindergarten and beyond. Our Pre-K teachers focus on developing:
- language skills;
- problem-solving skills;
- self-expression and independent thinking;
- a sense of responsibility and self-control; and
- feelings of security and success and a joy for learning
What are the benefits of my child attending Pre-K?
- Certified teachers in every classroom—all specifically trained to work with young children.
- Child-centered, hands-on learning.
- Focused on academic, physical and social development.
Is my child eligible for free (district-supported) Pre-K3?
To be eligible at McBee, students must turn 3 by Sept. 1 of the current school year, live in district and their family must meet certain income requirements. For a complete list of eligibility requirements, visit austinisd.org/early-childhood/prek.
Register for Pre-K
New students can be registered for the current school year at any time. To enroll your student in the current school year, visit our online registration page. To access the online registration system, an account must be created in the Parent Cloud, at my.austinisd.org. This applies to all new and returning students.
The following documents are required for registration:
- Current paycheck stub or SNAP eligibility documentation.
- Proof of residence, gas or electric bill, or lease agreement.
- Child's official birth certificate or equivalent.
- Up-to-date immunization record.
- Parent/guardian photo ID.
- Child's social security card, if the child has one.